Monday 8 September 2014

Make up monday

Lipstick Tribute


Have you ever had a make up product that is so good that you actually mourn when it becomes discontinued? No? well neither have I...

Okay, I lied. A couple of years ago I bought a drug store lipstick purely based on aesthetics. It looked so weird that I thought, I have to have it! It was translucent and neon pink with glitter particles, kind of reminded me of a lollipop, it smelled like a lollipop too and tasted like one... it was even called Pink Lollipop and was from the Maybelline New York colour sensational popsticks collection. Do you see my appeal yet?


There was something so reminiscent of my childhood that I bought it even though, I didn't think I would use it, all that much. How wrong I was. I am now sitting here with the remains of this lipstick trying to ration it among my remaining days ie the rest of my life. It saddens me to think that one day I'll have to just let it go and bin it. I've searched far and wide trying to find something similar or to find the exact same lipstick and have had no luck whatsoever.

I know you're probably thinking "well you should be glad that your lipstick has finished because it sounds horrific". Please let me explain to you the miracle that was this lipstick. It was glossy but not sticky. Moisturising but it stayed for a very long time and reapplied really well. There was no glitter when the lipstick was actually applied, just a light all over sheen to enhance my natural lip colour. I could apply this with an every day make up look or for a night out with some heavier eye make-up. This lipstick is so versatile and I feel like if it were alive that it would be my soul mate :(

You changed my life Pink Lollipop. I will forever love you...

Peace be upon you
Merutopia xo



No comments:

Post a Comment