Saturday 19 July 2014

Contemporary Henna


20.35pm

Hellooo

I've always thought of henna as being too much for everyday wear. I mean, its wonderful for occasions but, lasts a couple of weeks depending on the brand used and in my opinion can look unsightly after a while. There was however, a trend for the black henna about four years ago but that has been known to cause adverse skin reactions in some people. Black henna was definitely something I would wear as opposed to the orange-stain leaving brown one, that is, if there wasn't a chance of having my limbs covered in blisters.
For the past week, I've noticed a sudden increase in more modern designs. Henna designs that are actually cool and have come a long way from my nan's design of a large blob in the middle of her hand surrounded by a many smaller blobs. These designs are actually cool. Desi Perkins (YouTube make-up guru) has recently posted a photo of her henna which, is similar to Rihanna's hand tattoo and so I think its safe to say that henna has well and truly been bought to 2014. I have also seen photos of henna in more original places such a pregnant tummies and the heads of cancer patients going through treatment which I think is adorable. Since Eid isn't too far away now, I thought I'd share some of these, more original, designs that I found so that you too can be unique and stand out from the crowd of aunties. Enjoy my loves!!

Peace be upon you
Merutopia xo











Desi Perkins' henna inspired by Rihanna
I love the asymmetry of this design, definitely gives it more of an edge.
This has a more middle-eastern tribal woman feel. 
still keeping the traditional henna design but adding a modern twist with the more angular patterns.
This is Bollywood meets English rose.
Bold and beautiful. With the flame like finger accents and the feminine daisies scattered around the edge, this is a stunning paradox

No comments:

Post a Comment