Saturday 26 July 2014

Graze box~snacking reinvented

Helloooo

For months now, I've been seeing the graze box adverts on TV. Its a new way of snacking where you get random snacks delivered to your door step. To be honest, I didn't see the problem with going out and buying your own snacks. However, there is something extra special about packages being delivered to your door, I for one, like to pretend that someone sent me presents.

Anyway so, the advert was for a free graze box and I thought, why not? I went online to try and order but was hesitant when they asked for my bank details. I put off ordering for a while and it's only in Ramadan that the hunger hit me so badly that I decided to check out what graze had to offer. 
I ordered my free box about a week ago and it arrived today. Although, you can't choose what you would like your box to contain, you can choose things which you wouldn't like for example olives and bin them. I binned one meat containing product. Part of the excitement I think, is in what you will get in the box as its a total surprise, you can however, rate certain foods and tell them that you would like to try it soon.

My box contained cheddar gorge, Mississippi BBQ pistachios, Jaffa cake flapjacks and triple berry smoothie. 

Cheddar gorge: (cheese cashews, salsa corn sticks and herb crackers). This was a tub of savoury snacks which were delicious. I especially loved the crackers, they reminded me of something I must have had as a child, kind of reminiscent of Bombay mix. The corn sticks were very similar in flavour to the original flavour doritos but a tad fancier. I usually love cashew nuts but I think these cheddar cashews were washed away by the more intense flavour of the crackers and the corn sticks. Overall though, I loved this snack, I will forever crave more herb crackers (weh).

Mississippi BBQ Pistachios: (smokey BBQ pistachios) 
I have to say this snack was a bit of a miss with me. There was nothing wrong with it but there wasn't anything amazingly right about it. It was just a handful of pistachios with a hint of BBQ flavour. I expected them to be really mouthwateringly smoky and all I got was a sprinkle of flavour. Its like expecting to swim with dolphins and ending up sitting in a fish foot spa. I will however, say that, for some who don't like strong flavours, this is probably really nice as its not overpowering. I shared my graze box with my mum and she loved the pistachios. I feel like I could have just bought a bag of pistachios because the flavour was pretty much non existent. This snack in my opinion was a tad boring.


Jaffa cake flapjack: (rustic rolled oat flapjack with orange and chocolate)
I have to say that these were my absolute favourite from the box. Loved them!!! My, most loved flavour combo is chocolate orange and I love Jaffa cakes but there was something about these flapjacks that was simply out of this world. The taste of the orange isn't very strong but the flavour plays havoc with your palate. I can smell the orange more than I can taste it, simply delicious. My only complaint is that there are only three and I could probably do with about three hundred. When I ordered my box I saw these on the website and rated them, asking graze to send me these soon and if you want them in your box, make sure to ask for them! 
  
Triple berry smoothie: (1 of your 5 a day- dried strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and banana).
When I first tried this snack, I wasn't greatly impressed. I mean its just dried fruit, nothing special. I would like to add that it is very healthy and still really tasty so I'm not knocking it. Just dried fruit, nothing special however it is yummy none the less. I enjoyed the dried strawberries and definitely will  pick them up from my supermarket next time I go. I am still a huge fan of fresh fruit and will not be converting to dried fruit any time soon. I would like to add that my mum enjoyed this snack the most so maybe there's just something wrong with me?


I had the chance to cancel any further graze boxes as they cost £3.99 each but I really want to see the other snacks graze has to offer. My first box was free and my fifth box will also be free, so feeling kind of spoilt, I mean who doesn't love free food?! After trying all the snacks my favourites where the flapjacks and the cheddar gorge, but my mum loved the pistachios and the fruit. It just goes to show that graze does have something for everyone and if you don't like a particular snack you can tell graze online and so they wont send it to you again. Definitely worth a try.

If you guys would like to give it a go, you can use my voucher code to get your free graze box. It is soo easy to cancel after your first box, so you don't have to pay for anything. If you do enjoy it as much as I did you will get your fifth and tenth box for free with the others costing £3.99. Happy snacking!!

Peace be upon you
Merutopia xo

p.s for every free box you order, I'll donate £1 to charity courtesy of Graze :)







No comments:

Post a Comment